As I have written before, I am about to finish up my first week without a job. A friend from church is going through the same thing; however, her experience with this has been much different from mine. She is struggling with depression; I am loving being at home. We talk about wondering what God is up too, but, must wait upon Him.
My husband loves this setup as well. We went to town today (20 mile drive) and discussed insurance options with our insurance lady (his mom). This is our only hold back. Insurance is rough. We can make it manageable if I deliver our future babies at home on my own. That should be no problem, right? Some of the women from my church have done it that way. This is actually something I am interested in … but we’ll tackle that when the time comes.
A thankful heart
For now, we’re taking it day-by-day. There is so much to be grateful for:
- a wonderful husband, who I am proud to be married to
- our youth not being wasted on bitterness
- delicious cup of coffee from our small town coffee shop
- lots of wide, open spaces
- friends coming over for supper
- meat to serve provided by my husband (and one from myself)
- beautiful sunshine
And, of course, our adorable pups.