I am not real sure if that title makes sense. Oh well. We westerners like to set aside one day to the holy of holy gratitudes: Thanksgiving. Ta Da! However, I am going to be a rebel and dedicate all my November Tuesdays to this theme.
Will you join me?
My top five reasons for being thankful …
1. My fur munchkins. They say having an animal can stave off depression, because it gives a person something to focus on and nurture. Well, I have three – so no Valium for this girl. Or maybe three is going overboard; an overwhelming amount of responsibility. In that case, we won’t write off the pills just yet.
2. Good smelling things, like Pomegranate body wash or roses or my man’s cologne.
3. My lil’ sis. She is in Portland now, and is trying to get by on a server’s wage. Sister doesn’t stay in one place too long, so I don’t see any big diamond rings in the future. Plus, she’s not easy to handle, as she tends to hold nothing back.
For example, in the last week she has publicly announced on Facebook that crackhead tippers are the best, her cramps are horrible and she’s ready for a niece or nephew. She is definitely our mother’s daughter.
4. Coffee. I am drinking it as we speak and feeling quite thankful for it’s warmth and comfort.
5. Mom and Dad. It is funny how as you get older, you want to get to know them more. You realize life is mortal, and any moment they could croak. Well, I hope they stick around a while, because I am thankful for them!
What is something you’re thankful for? Oh, do share!