As I sit here typing, it is sunny and 49 degrees outside. This is strangely good.
And like cattle to the trough, the pups lined toward the south side of the house to spend the day on the deck. As much as I love my furry creatures, it’s nice to have them out of the house for a few hours. Parting and the heart growing fonder, as they say.
Looking back a year, January 2011 sang a much different tune. I was hosting my first Norwex party in hopes of selling enough items to claim the coveted mop. I did, and now my wood floors, they do shine.
However, I had to have the first date rescheduled because of a blizzard. Not so this year.
I also had another weekend like this, which reminds me while the weather can change, some things stay the same:
- I still love Saturdays with Country Man, when he does chores on the farm:
- I am still desperately trying to find creative ways to workout in my home:
- I am still hoping and praying my tropical fruit trees keep on fighting through South Dakota climates:
- I am still doing this to my dogs:
- We still have black Kitty around the farm (she hasn’t been run over or become mountain lion meat):
- I am still boozing a lot to help my husband with his side work:
Yes, some things stay the same. Most of the time it doesn’t, but a 50+ degree day in January?
I’ll take it.
PS. Actually, these were my neighbor’s bottles. I just wanted to sound cool.
PPS. “COOL”, according to youth group kids, means: Constipated, Overrated, Outdated, Loser.
Now I need to come up with an acronym meaning for “EPIC”.